With long hard thought about the subject of my favorite release of 2012 I ended up picking All Hail The Yeti for several reasons. Every listen to this CD something new is heard that was missed before. To me that takes a lot of talent to add such depth and dimension to songwriting. This CD reaches into you and grabs a hold of your soul. The intensity and emotion in Vocalist Connor Garrity’s vocals is out of this world amazing. Connor reaches deep within himself and pulls guttural screams, and then compliments them with clean vocals. My good friend and brother Craw NeQuent compliments Connor’s vocals exquisitely. From searing leads, to background fills, Craw gets it done . Nicholas Diltz lays down some killer bottom end that crushes your chest. Combined, band puts down some great harmonies that add to the power of All Hail The Yeti.
1. “Deep Creek” – A powerful song that imparts the fear of some THING that’s coming to get you. This track is an all out assault on your senses, and you can almost feel the fear of the monster from Deep Creek.
2. “When The Sky Falls” – Carries on the power of the record and tells a disturbing story, listen to the lyrics. Connor’s vocals are all over the place from spoken, to scream, and then to harmony.
3. “Suicide Woods” – Fe Fi Fo Fum I smell the blood of everyone. Well put together track.
4. “The Weak and Wounded (Prelude to Flames)” – With a haunting back track that sets your hair on edge this leads you into the horror to follow.
5. “After the Great Fire” – My personal favorite track. This tells the tale of a horrible, tragic event. I can feel the terror of the children crying out for help and feel the evil of the “being” responsible. This song has so many layers that you can truly find something new every listen. The chilling line “I am the Devil, I am the Smoke” really gives me the chills. Here is the lyric video:
6. “Bloodguilt” –This track is one of the two that shows the guitar skills of Craw. Reminiscent of Pantera, the vocal/guitar combos fit nicely in your ears.
7. “The Art Of Mourning” – Crackling fire and an old time folk song start this tale of violence and retribution off. This was the first track by All Hail The Yeti to fill my ears. The video for it is a stellar piece of work depicting a tale of the old west. Haunting harmonies combined with powerhouse vocals, and some kick ass harmonica hold this track up. check out the video:
8. “I Am Wendigod” – A tale of a Native legend of a flesh eating spirit being called the Wendigo. You can feel the cold of its haunts…what’s that looking in your window? Growling, snarling, Connor almost makes you believe that he is channeling the Wendigo….hmmmm???
9. “Axe Murder Hollow” – This is the second track of the two that showcases the talent of guitarist Craw. All over the map with his playing, Craw is a guitarist that the world needs to hear. Carrying on the dark theme of the record, this one is another personal favorite.
10. “Ruby Ridge (Every Knee Shall Bow)” – If oyu don’t know the story of Ruby Ridge you should do your homework and look into it. A solid doom laden track with a great hook.
11. “Judas Cradle” – This track powers the album just as you were brought into it. Raw power is the only way to describe it. This is something you have to experience.
Every track is anchored most solidly by extraordinary bassist Nicholas Diltz. He sets the solid background that I dare anyone to shake. This guy has become one of my favorite bassists in a hurry.
There you have it, the experience of All Hail The Yeti. You MUST get this record and help to support a band that should be heard by everyone.